The University of Oklahoma College of Dentistry Pre-Dental Simulation Course is designed specifically for pre-dental students to gain insight and a hands-on approach to learning about what the clinical portion of dental school entails. It is an opportunity to become exposed to the hand skills that are necessary to succeed in the field. More importantly, it is an opportunity to discover "if dentistry is for you."
Students attending the course will perform the following in a state-of-the-art pre-clinical simulation lab:
- Use various dental instruments
- Use waxing instruments to wax teeth to proper form and function
- Use a high speed handpiece to prepare class cavity preparations
- Restore cavity preparations with amalgam
- Restore cavity preparations with composite
- Take impressions of typodonts and pour them in stone
- Develop hand skills and a working knowledge of clinical dentistry
The benefits of this course are limitless. Students will meet notable personnel from the Dean's and admissions office and attend a Q&A session with current OUCOD dental students. This event will truly give the student that "edge" he/she wants on his/her dental school application.
The cost is as follows:
$125 for ASDA members
$150 for non-members
$175 for non-member AND ASDA membership ($115 due online, remaining $60 due at event via cash or check)
Please note that no refunds shall be issued.
Click here to register.