The annual ASDA Pre-Dental Prep Day will be taking place on Saturday, January 27, 2018. The purpose of the event is to expose pre-dentals to the current field of dentistry/dental education and prepare potential applicants for the upcoming application cycle.
Morning sessions shall include opening remarks by the Dean of the College of Dentistry as well as Admissions personnel, updates to dental school education and OUCOD clinic structure, an intro to dental school research, updates on dental school admission, and an introduction to organized dentistry by the Oklahoma Dental Association.
Afternoon breakout sessions will be primarily moderated by current dental students with rotating group activities, which include personal statement workshops, mock student interviews, and college tours/small group student Q&A panels. Don't miss out on this opportunity to refine your application for the 2018-2019 cycle.
Why should I attend the Pre-Dental Prep Day?
- Hear from students who have already been through the application process
- Meet admissions personnel to get plugged in with the University
- Network with dental students and other pre-dental students, who will potentially be your future colleagues
- Get direct feedback on your personal statement
- Experience a mock interview fashioned according to the OUCOD interview structure
Raffle prizes sponsored by: http://dat-prep.com
Frequently Asked Questions
What should I wear?
"Interview ready" attire. Men usually opt for a suit, and women usually wear a blazer with either slacks or a skirt. Don't forget the hosiery!
Do I need to bring anything?
Mandatory: Cash/check if you have signed up to pay the remaining fee for your national ASDA membership
- A draft of your personal statement to maximize your benefits from the Personal Statement Workshop
- Pen and paper if you wish to take notes
Where do I park?
The OU College of Dentistry is located on the west side of Stonewall Ave, between 10th Street and 13th Street (1201 North Stonewall Avenue, Oklahoma City, OK 73117). Free parking will be available in the Stonewall Parking Garage, located directly across the street from the dental school on the east side of Stonewall Ave, just south of 13th Street.
Who can I contact for more information?
Please contact President-Elect Brittany Hand at firstname.lastname@example.org.