For the second time, Oklahoma ASDA is partnering with Good Shepherd Ministries for the 2018 ASDA Open Wide Golf Tournament. Good Shepherd Clinic is a well-equipped medical and dental home for hundreds of uninsured adults. The dental clinic offers extractions, dentures, and a children’s dental clinic to offer cleanings and fillings. It is staffed with the equivalence of one full-time dentist, two dental assistants, and one hygienist. Their services are multiplied through the work of volunteer dentist, dental students, and hygiene students. Every Good Shepherd medical patient receives dental care, and the dental clinic continues to reach deep into the community by offering weekly free extraction nights.
The mission of Good Shepherd Ministries is on par with the qualities that make a great dentist, and being able to give back to such an organization is an opportunity we are deeply proud to be a part of. We look forward to hosting record-breaking numbers this year in student participation, alumni participation, and involvement and presence of our sponsors.
Please consider this invitation to participate with us for a fun morning for a meaningful cause.
special thanks to our sponsors
Register to play in the tournament
Date: Saturday, October 20, 2018
- Breakfast and Check-In from 7:00-7:45 am
- Shotgun starts at 8:00 am (please be at the course at least 30 minutes prior to start time)
- Award Luncheon from 12-1 pm
Golf Club of Edmond
4001 Fairfax Drive Edmond, OK 73074
Who can register: OUCOD students and faculty/staff
Registration deadline: October 17, 2018 at 5:00 PM
- *****EARLY BIRD SPECIAL: $45 per player by October 10, 2018 at 5:00 PM
- $50 per player after October 10th BUT by October 17, 2018 at 5:00 PM
- Optional: $5 per mulligan can be purchased at check-in to be used any time throughout the round
- Payment methods: Cash to Cheryl Fleming or Kate Littlefield, Venmo (@oklahomaasda) or check made out to OU ASDA c/o Dylan Droege
All team members must pay by October 17, 2018 at 5:00 PM or your team will be withdrawn from the tournament. No refunds will be provided once payment is made, so please ensure all team members are committed before registering.
Fee will cover:
- Green fee & cart
- Tournament T-shirt
- Light breakfast
- Range balls
- Beverage & beer throughout the round
- 1st place team
- 2nd place team
- 3rd place team
- Longest drive
- Closest to the hole (par 3)
- Raffle prizes
- Format: 4-player team scramble
- Max score per hole: bogey (+1)
- Men’s tee: white
- Women’s tee: red
- All putts must be holed out. No gimmies.
- Scramble rules: Each team member will tee off on each hole and then decide the best tee shot. The best spot determined will be marked with either a ball marker or a ball. The other team members will pick up their balls and play the next shot from the marked location. Play continues until the first ball is holed-out or the maximum score of bogey is reached. The team then records one score for each hole and maintains the same format for all 18 holes.
- In the event of a tie in score, a hole’s number will be drawn at random and the team recording the lowest score on that hole will be declared the winner. In the event the score is still tied, a progression will begin from that hole until the tie is broken. For example, if hole number 6 is drawn and the score is still tied, scores on hole number 7 will be used to break the tie, and so on.
- Count ALL applicable penalties, including drops and balls out-of-bound (beyond the fences and white posts).
- Scoring is on the honor system. Please remember this is for charity and in the spirit of fun, but fair, competition.
Longest drive: the ball must be in the fairway (first cut of rough is NOT considered fairway) after the first tee shot to count.
Closest to the hole: the ball must be on the green after the first tee shot to count.
In the event of a team ending up with only 3 players the day of the tournament, each player will take turn substituting as the 4th player every 6 holes. For example, player D is missing from a team of players A, B, C & D. Player A will take the 4th shots (drive, approach, putt, etc.) for holes 1-6. Player B will then rotate to take the 4th shots for holes 7-12 and C will rotate in for holes 13-18.
The Open Wide Charity Golf Tournament is an excellent opportunity to enable your brand or company to receive valuable exposure with our tournament participants. Please review the sponsorship packages available, and find a plan that works best for your company.
Why should I attend the Open Wide Golf Tournament?
- Join fellow classmates, alumni, and community dentists for a morning of golf and entertainment
- Enjoy complimentary food and adult beverages
- Receive a chance to earn winning team (first, second, and third) as well as raffle prizes
- Support Good Shepherd Ministries in their efforts to maintain the dental clinics